Monday, July 31, 2017

Late Summer In The Flatlands







UO Hat / Helmut Lang Jacket (consignment) / James Perse Dress as Top (consignment) / Skirt (thrifted) / Free People Bag (ebay) / Vera Wang Leather moto Boots (consignment)
 
My birthday was at the start of the month and rather than presents, I was able to go to a consignment shop in Anchorage to pick out a few things.  Plain Jane which I visited last time and really liked was closed so I stopped by Second Run near the 5th Ave Mall and while I didn't like it quite as much as Plain Jane ( I felt prices were a bit higher but a nice selection and the sales were decent) and ended up with four things - this Helmut Lang Jacket which is gorgeous, these Vera Wang leather moto boots which are my favorite boot now, this James Perse dress (worn as a top here) and a Rebecca Taylor maxi.   Fairbanks does not really have a consignment shop right now, Fireweed closed their consignment section and turned into a "meh" boutique shop so shopping in Fairbanks is pretty slim right now and it's a treat to visit the ones in Anchorage.  (I got to feel up so many nice clothes there!)
This skirt was a thrifting find, it's wool and I think Purivan Connection (but I forgot and didn't check the label) and the pattern is just stellar. This brand's clothes seem to run huge however, every time I've tried on items from them they've been very, very large - this skirt is a medium and I had to slim it down almost 10 inches to make it stay up - with 39 hips I'm a little surprised to be sized out of a medium!  I do love the style, the length, the pattern and the material, it's going to be wonderful for the cold winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)