Tuesday, April 18, 2017

7x10








10x10 Capsule Items: Helmut Lang Leather Jacket (consigment) / Helmut Lang Tunic (ebay) / Vince Suede Leggings (ebay)/ Sandgrens Clog Boots c/o Sandgrens
Accessories Items: UO Hat(2013) /American Eagle Bag (2014)

This is close to the same outfit I posted a few days ago but swapping out the jacket, boots and bag makes for quite a different look. If you've been around the blog for a while you probably recognize this bag. It was a clearance buy from American Eagle but it's gotten so much use in the past three years that I could count it as a very successful purchase. It's easy to toss in the washer, I can pack a ton of stuff in it and it adds a lot of visual interest to an outfit.  It also goes with a surprising  amount of outfit, it's almost a neutral for me. 

This coat is also an older buy from Old Navy and bought at a time I was trying to swap over from buying most of my items at Old Navy and trying to go mostly second-hand. I know it's not very cool in the ethical community but I can't throw any shade at Old Navy because I do remember when saving up for a while meant being able to get something full priced at ON and most items within ethical brands were extremely out of reach. (Which no shade thrown towards ethical brands because I think it's awesome that there are so many options now and that people are thinking about where and how clothes are produced.  However, sometimes they are out of reach for people and I don't think people should feel to alienated when their local thrifting is terrible and ON really is all that's within reach.)  I've always been a thrifter, even way back in the day when "did you get those shoes at Salvation Army" was a serious burn (so many middle school memories) and because I've had good luck with turning to the second hand market I haven't really turned towards ethical brands. My budget is still fairly low, especially in comparison to most of their prices so I've stuck with thrifting/consignment and ebay and have been lucky enough to find really amazing items that way.  In the five years this blog has been around I've only accepted a few c/o items, like these Sandgrens boots, not really out of an sense of virtue but because I've gotten really picky about what I add in and I don't really want anything I'll only wear a few times. (And to be honest, no one's breaking down my email in an effort to give me ALL THE THINGZ! If Rick Owens or All Saints came knocking, I would be like "please, I'll take anything."  Shameless.)

Anyways, I do like this outfit. It's a pretty lazy one, just a tunic, leggings and a jacket, but they are suede leggings that you cannot see through, the tunic is pretty bomb and this is a great spring jacket that can be wadded up on a camping trip and then thrown in the wash. You have to love that.

10x10 is hosted by Style Bee and Un-Fancy

1 comment:

  1. I love Old Navy.

    This is where most of my wardrobe comes from.

    I also donate regularly and I love that so many people support the second hand community to keep things out of landfills.

    By me some of the thrift stores also support community programs like Big Brothers Big Sisters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)