Thursday, April 13, 2017

4x10







10x10 Capsule Items: Helmut Lang Jacket (consignment) / Helmut Lang Drape Tunic (ebay) / Vince Suede Leggings (ebay) / Rag and Bone "Newbury" Boots (ebay)Accessories Items: UO Hat(2013) / Balenciaga Bag (birthday gift, second hand through ebay)


The Statement necklace strikes again! I was going through all of my costume jewelry the other night and ended up giving my daughter most of the older items that didn't really suit my style now. She ended up with a good bucketful but one item I did keep was this old necklace from Icings. It's pretty dramatic but I like it with the cropped jacket and the all black outfit. The outfit itself might not look exciting but there's quite a bit going on with the textures of the suede, leather and the material  and then adding in some drape with the tunic and a little playing with proportions and tada, an interesting all black outfit.

This Helmut Lang tunic is one of my favorite tops and it's been a key item for me this past winter.  I really like the asymmetrical hem and how the tunic drapes and the leather jacket mimics the lines with it's own asymmetrical cut.  For fit, Helmut Lang is my absolute favorite brand, mostly because I think their items work really nicely for an hourglass figure. (I would also say that they work for all figures, especially after looking at fit pictures on the internet.)  I've been lucky in finding many well priced items on ebay or in consignment shops, I've paid below $20 for most of my items with coats/jackets being just a bit more expensive.  (You do have to be willing to wait if you are watching ebay - it comes and goes in waves.  Sometimes there will be nothing that's priced well and sometimes there's a ton.)
Style wise, this is a fairly typical outfit, a tunic top over leather/suede pants and a leather jacket to top it off.  I had this particular outfit in mind when I was picking out items for the 10x10 and knew that they'd be easy to mix and match.  I'm not sure if it was foolish to include only one pair of pants in the challenge with my other bottoms being skirt or dresses but for only 10 days, it will be fine.  If I do another 10x10 however, I think I will do with maybe 3 tops rather than 2 and only one jacket to give me a few more options!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)