Thursday, March 9, 2017

A Cold March








AEO Hat
Helmut Lang Coat (ebay)
Roxy Crop Top (thrifted)
Banana Republic Cashmere Cardigan (thrifted)
Target Maxi Dress (thrifted)
Free People Bag (ebay)
Rag and Bone Boots (ebay)

This black dress may be just a dress from Target but it is possibly my favorite maxi dress of all.  I like that it has short sleeve - not those monstrosity cap sleeve things - the slits on each side just the perfect height to show a little leg and some boots but not so high that I need to sew an extra 10 inches just to make it decent (looking at you Free People) and it just lays so perfectly.   It is a great balance between fitted and a little bit of drape through the skirt and it's easy to layer.  Being just a plain black maxi, it's a blank slate so I can swing either super bohemian when I feel the mood or I can darken things up and make it all goth-ninja. (Lol, what a crazy, fun term that is.)   Today I wore it the way I usually do, a little blend of my bohemian and gothish side and it works for me.  My bag and the crochet crop top layered over the top adds a bohemian feel while the sharp shoulders on my jacket and the sleek boots tone it down a bit.
In other news, you know what's not fun?  Three morning of waking up to -40F in March.  This morning it was a balmy -35F.  It's been warming up to between 5-10F above zero during the day but my car is super pissed about the whole thing.  The noises it is making in the mornings when I run out to start it are making me do the Alaskan Prayer Rite every time I stick the key in. Please, please, pleaaaaase start car, I promise some day we'll build you a garage and I promise to only put the best oil in you and didn't you like those new tires, pleeease start!   The Rites go downhill if said car does not start and there's usually a good deal of wailing, gashing of the teeth and looks of despair mixed in with irrational rage.   It is suppose to warm up eventually but it's been a cold March for us and I am really jealous of everyone experiencing spring right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)