Monday, January 2, 2017

Winter Wonderland









Fred Meyer Cap and Gloves
Scarf (made myself)
Urban Outfitters Cardigan Coat (thrifted)
MaxMara Cashmere Sweater (consignment)
Rag and Bone Jeans (ebay) and Boots (Christmas present)
Coach Bag (thrifted - gift)

Well if that isn't a wintery and scenic picture. Nothing like a snow covered chicken coop! (We go hardcore with our chicken coops in Alaska, electricity and insulation oh my.) This cardigan is another old thrifting find and surprisingly warm, more than enough for the above zero temps right now. Layered over a cashmere sweater and I once again am dying of heat stroke - almost a month of -20F plus temps and I forget what above zero feels like. I am so loving my Christmas boots, they are a very dark burgundy and while the color doesn't show up great in pictures, it's beautiful in real life. I'm finding that they are a great alternative to my regular black boots and I've been getting just as much wear outfit them. Also, for having such a high heel these are crazy easy and comfortable to walk in, they fit my stride really well which is sometimes difficult to do with higher heels.

2 comments:

  1. happy new year, Katie! the first photo indeed looks like a postcard or something taken from a magazine - very beautiful! the amount of snow you have there is amazing. we still have nothing but I'm not complaining at all. a winter without snow would be completely okay for me. it's great to look at your beautiful snowy photos but I know I would feel the opposite when this amount of snow would be outside my own window, haha.

    Maiken - Part of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern of your coat, it's so wintry! All that snow is gorgeous too. I am still waiting on the first snow here :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)