Sunday, January 22, 2017

Hello Again








UO Hat
Forever21 Jacket (thrifted)
Eileen Fisher Wool Sweater (ebay) and Silk Tank (ebay)
Helmut Lang Skirt (ebay)
Lucky Brand Leather Bag (Christmas gift)
Rag and Bone Boots (ebay)

Hey all, sorry about the two weeks of radio silence.  It wasn't intended, life just got busy and blogging took a back seat for a little while.  About 10 days ago there was a serious cold front that swept across the interior and we were predicted to get down to possibly -65F. That's some hardcore cold, bad enough that you have to put special fuel additives into your heating oil and car tanks to keep the fuel from gelling up.  We were lucky and ended up getting the tail end of a snowstorm that dumped another foot of snow on us then then temps dipped down to only -51.  We did end up with some serious ice fog caused by the cold that reduced visibility enough that after school activities were canceled, school itself was not.  (In fact, I cannot think of one time school was canceled due to cold and we've been through -75 with wind-chill.  Someone asked a teacher the other day just how cold it had to be to cancel school and she had no idea, she'd never seen it canceled due to cold!)
 
It has warmed up quite a bit, today is only -20F so it feels wonderful out.  This outfit is not from today, it's from about 20 days ago during a warm spell when putting on a real coat felt like a good way to bring on heat stroke.  This jacket is an older thrifting find but hasn't gotten a ton of war in the past year.  I like the idea of the jacket but maybe not this particular jacket. For some reason it keeps feeling very juvenile when I wear it which is odd because I keep staring at the All Saints studded jacket from a few years ago.  Maybe it's too shiny?  I don't really know but I made myself try to wear it a few weeks ago and even then I really wasn't into it so I think 'll have to donate it and move on. 

These boots are probably my favorite pair of boots of all time, they are supremely comfortable and I get a lot of joy out of wearing them.  They just feel very me and I never feel like I have to struggle to incorporate them into my outfits, unlike the studded jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)