Thursday, January 5, 2017

20 Years Apart





Fred Meyer Cap and Gloves
Cashmere Scarf (thrifted)
Filson Wool Coat (Vintage early 90s, a Christmas gift from my parents)
Rick Owens Lilies Cardigan (ebay)
Marc by Marc Jacobs Silk Top (Christmas gift)
American Eagle Pants
Rag and Bone Boots (ebay)
Coach Bag (thrifted - gift)

These were just a few shots taken very quickly of my outfit - there's not much light going on in the middle of the day and with work I haven't really had a chance to take pictures.  This coat was a gift from my parents, my dad had bought it for my mom in the early 90s in Seward Alaska from a store called Brown 'n Hawkins, an outdoor/work-wear store that had been owned by four generations for the past 100 years until it was sold this past year.  My dad went in looking for this very specific hunter green and had it special ordered.  In a funny twist, almost 20 years later I looked at every work-wear store in town trying to find the same hunter green in a vest for my husband and ended up also having to special order it.  It was pretty funny to see my husband open up his present with a hunter green Filson vest and then to open up to this coat at my parents!  (And yes, we look all cute and matching.) 

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)