Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Light The Way

 








Fred Meyer Hat, Scarf and Gloves
Jones New York Wool Coat (thrifted)
J.Crew Wool Sweater (consignment)
Old Navy Old Sleeve Tee
H&M Fake Leather Pants (consignment) (layered over thermals)
Acne "Donna" Boots (ebay)

Not a terribly exciting outfit but I love a thick wool sweater over leather pants (real or fake) and my leather pants are usually a lot easier to wear over thermals than jeans are. These H&M pants are a consignment buy from last winter but I've worn them quite a bit and they are great - I wear them just as often as my real leather pants and these have held up well. As a bonus, they are way easier to clean! This Jones coat is an old thrifting find and is one of my warmest coats, it doesn't come across in pictures just how heavy and thick it really is - I think it's the heaviest wool coat that I've seen in a long time. It's also loose enough in the arms and shoulder that I can layer a long of sweaters under it which is really important for staying warm. I love the look of slim cut winter pea coat but for another lower than 20 degrees, they don't really cut the mustard nor can you layer that many things under them. If you're looking for a winter coat, remember to buy one loose enough in the body and arms that you'll be able to layer. A good fit in the shoulder is important however, you want the fit in the shoulders to be reasonably close to want you would normally wear or it's going to look really off.

 

1 comment:

  1. Such a classic jacket! I also am in LOVE with your purse!

    Sam
    http://thrifttasteandheadspace.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)