Saturday, December 31, 2016

Last One For The Road












Fred Meyer Cap
J.Crew Coat (thrifted)
Isabel Marant Dress (ebay last winter)
Helmut Lang Jacket (consignment)
H&M Belt c/o H&M (2013)
Coach Bag ( gift- thrifted)
Rag and Bone Boots (Christmas gift)

I took a few days away from the blog, mostly on accident but also partly due to being busy with work/not having time or light for pictures/ and a fun little snow storm. We received between 15-19 inches (although I think it was more, the new snow was almost over my knees at our house) on Thursday and the roads were quite a messy with the high winds that blew up afterwards. My route to work consisted of me having to break trail through a super deep snow drift zone for a mile long stretch and I've never been so happy that my Explorer is a hearty little snow beast. (Although it's hard to beat an 1998 Expedition for a snow beast, you just can't get those stuck!) Roads around us are just now being plowed but I cannot complain, we were lucky enough not to lose power and now there's plenty of snow to insulate the water line/septic tank when the deep cold comes around. Hurray!

I hope everyone is having a fun New Year's Eve, we are rather boring and are just doing some fun fireworks for the kids, watching some movies and making some finger food for dinner. (Made of 98% organic fingers!) This outfit is from Christmas Day, I finally wore this beautiful Isabel Marant dress I bought last winter for really cheap - the neckline is gorgeous and the tiered skirt has a nice shape to it for being such light fabric. This coat is an old thrifting find and I always forget about how much I love the red, it looks so striking during the winter. These boots were my Christmas present and something I'd wanted for the past four years but had thought for a long time wouldn't suit me. One of the biggest things short people are told is "wear ankle boots with a dip or very low shaft or your legs will look stumpy!" Many ankle boots later, I will say that advice is utter garbage and higher shafts are better for short people. (That's what she said!) I think they give a better line to the legs and also work a lot better with a variety of silhouettes on the bottom.

Happy New's Year's everyone, see you in 2017!

2 comments:

  1. WoOow!, love this, congrats.
    Happy New Year 2017!
    MaximsFashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went for a practical black coat this year, but next year I'd like to get a red one! It's so cheerful and classic - what an amazing thrift find. The beauty of the dress is enhanced by the ornate belt. Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)