Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The World We Live In Today

 
 










H&M Jacket and Hat
Scarf made by me
Madison and Berkeley Sweater (consignment)
Winter Kate Skirt (ebay)
Rag and Bone Boots (ebay)
Anthropologie Bag (birthday gift)

Anchorage and Wasilla had about 5 inches of snow, everywhere else had a sprinkling that had mostly melted off.  Even in Fairbanks, we don't have any real snow to speak of which is very unheard of for this time of year!  We drove out around the point this day and as you can see, almost all of the snow had melted off, there was a little bit of ice in the lagoon around the waterfall but other than that, it seemed like the start of September rather than the end of October.
This jacket was an Anchorage purchase, it looks SO MUCH like a Rick Owens jacket that it caught my eye from across the store.  It's fake leather but it's a very good fake, more of a rough suede fake than the plastic-y pleather you usually see - the seams are so well done on this jacket and I was really impressed with the overall workmanship on it.  I don't buy a ton of fast fashion now, most of my purchases are second hand through thrifting or ebay but when I do find one, I make sure it's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)