Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Bright and Early









 
Fred Meyer Cap
Cashmere Men's Scarf (thrifted)
Kenneth Cole NY Coat (ebay)
Free People Sweater (ebay) and Bag (ebay)
James Perse Dress (thrifted)
Old Navy Leggings
Rag and Bone Boots (ebay)
I realize I am about fifty billion yeas late to the trend of pompom hats but man,  I have really fallen hard for them this winter. I would say pompom hats are not really a trend drive item as the are in stores every year regardless of trendiness.  I normally wear my wide brimmed hats or my big cap but when I stocked up on hats and gloves for the family this year (a necessary thing to do because so many disappear at school and are never seen again) and the pompoms just seemed so cute!  I also like the idea of breaking up my darker outfits with something fun and these caps seem to do it.  (Also, pretty warm.)
Out light situation is starting to get bleak up here in the cold North, the sun sets about 3-ish now and doesn't rise until 10.  That's not quite as bad as the depths of winter when we have only  hours of twilight and what feels like eternal night but sometimes there literally isn't enough daylight for getting things done in a day!



2 comments:

  1. I just want to say that you are my wintertime inspiration. If you can look so fashionable through the depths of an Alaskan winter, I can definitely put in the effort during our comparatively milder winters down here.
    Thank you for sharing - I look forward to this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words! (If you are still looking for cold weather inspo - www.thesuburbexperiment.blogspot.com is another Alaskan blogger whom lives lower down in Anchorage and she has many cute and pratical cold weather outfits.) I also look forward to this time of year, even though I complain about it, everything always looks so beautiful with a covering of snow and sweaters are kinda fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)