Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Black And White







AEO Hat
Tooled Leather Belt (thrifted)
Valentino Sunglasses (gift - consignment)
H&M Cardigan Jacket c/o H&M (2013)
Old Navy Dress
Free People Bag (ebay)
House of Harlow Sandals (ebay)

This jacket is an older c/o item and while I wore it quite a bit in 2013, I've been using it mostly as a work cardigan/coat. I get chilly easily so I always keep an extra layer around! This one is 100% cotton and for being woven, I'm really surpised it hasn't snagged more - there's two small snags on the inside which is nod considering what I put it through at work. (I'm also really surpised it hasn't pilled!)

This Old Navy dress is also a 2013 buy and has been a staple in my wardrobe. It's just a plain black, polyester dress but it breathes nicely in the summer and is basic enough to layer with other items in the winter. I know polyester gets a ton of smack talk but all poly is not created equel, nor is it the same quality as all of those great 80's dresses at the thrift store. (I joke, the poly in those is tourture.) I've put this dress through a lot of wear as well and it's still in great shape. I only buy a few things from ON every year, mostly because I've tried to move to doing almost all of my shopping from second hand stores, but the few items I do buy from there are usually really awesome in terms of quality, especially for the price. My closet is a mix of items from stores like Old Navy and then mid tier designer items I'm lucky enough to find on ebay/at the thrift stores, I feel like that seems to be what works for me.

2 comments:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)