Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Wild Rose











AEO Hat
Helmut Lang Jacket (consignment)
J.Crew Silk Maxi (ebay)
DV Dolce Vita Heels
Free People Bag (ebay)

I got this J.Crew silk maxi dress for $12 ( including shipping, wut) and I love it except for one thing - it clings like crazy! I wore it once during the winter and it stuck to my tights so badly that I put it away until summer. For some reason I though it wouldn't cling as much to bare legs but nope! I have a few slips, two short and one long but none of them really work under this dress, I think I'll have to try to find a half slip. (Which for the record, it has been forever and a day since I last wore a half slip, bad memories of 90s church outfits right here!) Aside from the cling factor, it really is a nice dress, the silk is pretty thick and heavy and the straps are wide enough that I can wear a normal bra under it. I love bralettes but sometime they just don't cut the mustard.

I have a lot of shoes (very weak laugh here) but out of all of them, I think these are probably one of my very favorites. They're simple but with the silver colored Conchos on the straps, they're like jewelry for the feet! They seem to strike a good balance between simple without being boring and interesting without taking over an whole outfit. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of the simple, double strap sandal heels that have been popular since 2012, they always feel like the lazy choice for an outfit. They're simple and work okay with almost everything but they're also very...eh. They seem like they're the new nude, platform heel in that they don't add anything to an outfit but they are really starting to hit an over saturation point for me. What about you guys, any shoes that you just feel really over?

Everything is so green and the first batch of wild flowers are in full bloom.  Wild Alaskan Roses are some of my favorite, they not only smell amazing, you can make pretty great rosehip jam out of them!

1 comment:

  1. I love the rich tones in these photos, it's gorgeous! That is a super pretty dress, but a bummer that it's so clingy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)