Monday, May 2, 2016

The Lady In Black








AEO Hat
Helmut Lang Coat (ebay)
Winter Kate Silk Dress (worn as top - ebay)
Joie Velvet Maxi (thrifted)
Jeffery Campbell Boots (ebay)
Free People Purse (birthday gift)

As a blogger, I'm obligated to not miss out on some nice, atmospheric mist for photos. It's just what we do.

I will say I loved this outfit - it hit all the notes of what I want my style to be. The coat is really structured but the double cowl collar gives off a hint of the Rick Owen-ness I like, the skirt is all dark bohemian and then the blouse brings around my love of embroidery and really over the top boho flavor. There's even some fringe in the somewhere! However, after playing around with all dark outfits this winter, I have to say I really like the look of them but it's not something I can commit to 100%. I love my bright, colorful bohemian skirts and kimonos and sometimes, I just want to wear a green skirt instead of the black one because I've burnt myself out on it. (and uhhhh, people start noticing if you wear all black. My husband thinks it's my favorite color now and people at the school make comments when I show up in outfits that doesn't have black. I didn't realize that an all-black outfits has that much of an impact, I'd always sort of thought it would blend in because black is such a neutral but apparently, it really stands out.) 

I have to say I'm really looking forward to some sick winter outfits with this velvet maxi.  We've had a few colder mornings but I don't think I'll be able to break it out again until the weather cools off again.  It's a little toasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)