Thursday, May 5, 2016

Not Everything Needs To Be Tucked





UO Hat
Silk Scarf (thrifted)
Faux Leather Jacket (thrifted several years ago)
AEO Tank
Anthropologie Dress (worn as skirt - consignment)
Isabel Marant Sandals (ebay)
Free People Bag (ebay)

I looked back and realized I didn't take any photos of outfits with this skirt last summer - what was wrong with me? I love this dress, the color is so beautiful and it moves really nicely but ugggh, I hate strapless dresses. They always fall down! I've always worn it as a skirt and in these photos I tried to show a few different ways I wear the tops over it. I really like how a knotted tank looks but wearing the tank knotted makes the rise of the skirt not as high.  Being short, I love a high rise on a skirt with a jacket over it - it makes a short person look really tall. (In photos however, it does nothing for real life height. Sorry guys.) With the shirt tucked in, the high rise of the skirt is shown off but on a skirt like this, the fitted waist/fold-over band looks really sloppy and lumpy if you don't tuck the shirt in completely perfect, which I did not do. In real life, you don't really notice but photos are always a different beast.   This is probably a case where a crop top would be perfect and I'll have to try that next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)