Monday, May 23, 2016

High And Low






AEO Hat
Valentino Sunglasses (mother's day gift - consignment)
Isabel Marant Blouse (ebay)
Joe's Jeans (thrifted)
Miu Miu Heels (ebay)
Free People Bag (ebay)

Aside from the hat, every thing in this outfit is second hand. Hats are one of the things I usually won't buy second hand, I just can't get past the possible lice factor - I know a lot of people have the same feelings about buy shoes second hand but I will say that it's super rare that I've ever seen a really gross pair of shoes on the second hand rack. This is probably only typical for my experiences however, I hate to make a sweeping statement that all thrift stores carry only pristine clothing.

I would say at this point my close is probably about 90% second hand with a few items bought from stores like Old Navy and American Eagle. AEO's high rise jeans are pretty great for the price and while I like my J.Brand Maria's, I've had a lot of trouble with the quality of them. I have 3 pairs of Maria's and two pairs I have patched for a total of 23 times. 23 times you guys. That seems a little crazy to me and seeing as I'm on my second pair of high rise jeans from AEO in the past 3 years, I easily say that my AEO pair is a lot better quality than the J.Brand's.

However, in favor of paying for a more expensive item, I will say that this Isabel Marant shirt is one of the most beautiful shirts I own and it's just gotten better with age. It's a loose weave and over time the whole shirt has just softened up and now it's supple and loose and so perfect. I've not had this experience of a shirt getting better with time and it makes me always really excited to wear this one. I haven't worn my Miu Miu heels super often because of the suede on the sides and worrying about mud but man, they are so comfy for such a high heel and they add a lot to an outfit for being such a simple shoe. (No comment about my Free People bag - it's crazy and bling-y and colorful and I love it, it's such a fun purse and I can literally fit the kitchen sink in there, I tried. It has to be a small sink however, none of those industrial ones!)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, yeah I haven't been able to bring myself to buy a thrift store hat either. I get a little weird about shoes but I haven't had any issues so far with the ones I've bought.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)