Saturday, May 28, 2016

Fancy Jacket Strikes Again








French Connection Jacket
Free People Dress and Clogs
Anthropologie Bag (birthday gift)

This dress is one of the few things I have from Free People that isn't great in quality. It's a cheese cloth like weave and unfortunately the dress itself is too heavy for the material.  The flounce at the bottom is heavy enough that it's torn in a few spots and due to the loose weave of the material, it's really tricky to resew without causing new tears. Ugh,  it's such a beautiful dress that I just wish they'd choosen a different material for it. Other than this, I've only had trouble with a (cheap-ish) pruse that I've had to sew the decorations on multiple times and one necklace that fell apart rather quickly. Every other FP item I've bought has held up really well and I usually love the material used in their dresses - it takes a lot to make them pill! I know people like to say the quality has gone way down on Free People items but sometimes I think that might just be a bit of "everything was better back in the day" rather than a genuine complaint, I've been really happy with my items and customer service has always been great the few times something goes wrong. I've had one order end up lost and during the busiest mailing time of the year, they re-sent my order, no questions, and it arrived in 3 days. 3 days to Alaska is crazy.


The Shop Gal did a post about Alaskan Weredork, you can head over to her blog and read about it here!  Her blog does reviews on different stores within the 50 states, usually smaller businesses, and introduced me to a few new Alaskan ones I didn't know about.  :)

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)