Monday, April 4, 2016

Snow Flowers

 





AEO Hat
Muubaa Coat (ebay)
Cropped Tee (thrifted)
Winter Kate Skirt (ebay)
Rag and Bone Heels (thrifted)
Spell Designs "Dreamweaver" Bag (ebay)

I haven't worn this skirt in a little while as it's been sitting in my mending pile. I love that the Winter Kate line used a lot of vintage silks and cottons but in my experience, the vintage fabrics have been quite a bit more delicate than the modern ones. This skirt ended up with a large tear and a wear spot in it after just a few wears and because the fabric is so delicate and a loose weave cotton, it's really difficult to repair and it took me a little while to work up the courage to tackle the job. Looking at it now and having worn it, it seems like I did an okay job, there's no pulls in the fabric and the repair job isn't oblivious unless you really look for it. I'm glad about that, this skirt is one of my favorites! (I think I say that about most of my maxis but I do really like this one.) I know people ask if maxi skirts are going to be popular again this summer and while they're one of those things that seems to resurface as a trend every few years, I think this summer they're going to be pretty big. You can't beat the comfort of a maxi, they stay breezy and cool even in warm temps and they are just easy to wear. I'm short, 5'2, and while most figure flattery advice says shorter people should stay away from maxis, I have to completely disagree. Having one long column makes you look even taller, even if you're wearing flats.

1 comment:

  1. That is a really pretty skirt! I'm glad you were able to mend it okay :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)