Thursday, April 7, 2016

Effortless Isn't Really Effortless








UO Hat
Helmut Lang Jacket (consignment)
AllSaints Silk Dress (ebay)
Anthropologie Bag (birthday gift)
Leather Boots (Christmas gift)
Free People Necklace
Isabel Marant for H&M c/o H&M (3 years old)

I would wear this AllSaints dress more often if it wasn't so difficult to figure out how to put on! Now, you're probably laughing at me, thinking "okay Katie, exactly how hard is it to put a dress on? It goes over the head aaaaand.." but it's not that easy! This one has a few different layer of silk wrapped around and it's not so easy to get the layers going in the right directions. (if that makes any sense) I have to take it off carefully and put it back on the hanger exactly as it's suppose to be or it takes me a good 20 mins to get the layers wrapped back the correct way, if only there wasn't so many of them! Of course, the dress wouldn't be as cool looking then....

So now that you have a very low option of me, I'll just pretend none of that happened. I do really love this dress, regardless of what a pain it is because once on, it looks amazing. I really like how the length and the layers work with my cropped leather jacket which haha, looks normal length on me. Short people problems.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Katie. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India and I came across your profile on the blogger. I am glad to know you and get connected with you because of your interest in the cultures. India is a land of different cultures and since Mumbai is a cosmopolitan city you will all different cultures of Indian in Mumbai city. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthen and praying for one another. I have been in the ministry for last 36 yrs in this city of contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of the poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us as well as see different cultures in this city. i am sure you will enjoy it and have a life changing experience too. I had been to Alaska some six years back and went to several places while being their for three weeks. I spoke in Nazarene Churches over there. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends and also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2016

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katie. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India and I came across your profile on the blogger. I am glad to know you and get connected with you because of your interest in the cultures. India is a land of different cultures and since Mumbai is a cosmopolitan city you will all different cultures of Indian in Mumbai city. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthen and praying for one another. I have been in the ministry for last 36 yrs in this city of contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of the poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us as well as see different cultures in this city. i am sure you will enjoy it and have a life changing experience too. I had been to Alaska some six years back and went to several places while being their for three weeks. I spoke in Nazarene Churches over there. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends and also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2016

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like the more effortless you want to look, the more effort you have to put into it. Haha! That is a really pretty dress, all the layers look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)