Wednesday, March 9, 2016

White Out


 







Michael Michael Kors Fur Snoop (consignment)
Heltmut Lang Leather Jacket (consignment)
Gap Maxi (consignment)
Free People Necklace, Clogs and Bag (ebay)

This is one of my favorite outfits - it's formulaic for me in that it's just a maxi and a leather jacket but hey, if it's not broke, don't fix it? With this month being so busy for me it's really nice to have a fall back uniform of types, it's only takes me a moment to grab a maxi after throwing my work clothes in the wash and with our lovely weather, a leather jacket is all I need as a topper. I love this jacket in particular, it's a cropped length that falls near "normal" for me and I really like how the proportions work with a maxi dress at my height. (5'2) This poor snood however! A while ago Dakota got her paws on it and after discovering it didn't taste nearly as good as my vintage fur scarf, just slobbered all over it. I tried to spot clean it with no success and at a last resort, threw it into the washer. It came out okay but looked so matted, even after drying that I had a moment of insanity and thought "hey, the dryer will fluff it up, right?" NOPE. I tried to brush it out but lesson learned - don't wash your faux fur.

On a happier note, look at who finally did something with her hair! I've been so lazy, after the pixie cut and then going through the grow out stage I just got use to wearing a hat to cover it up and I haven't done anything with it in a while. I use to be good at doing fishtails and crown braids and while I've gotten rusty as doing my own hair, it doesn't look too awful.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)