Friday, March 4, 2016

Spring Is In The Air

 
 




Free People Hat (gift)
Scarf (made myself)
Slip dress (thrifted)
Spell Designs Skirt and Bag (ebay)
Rag and Bone Heels (ebay)

Fire season is upon us already! Alaska has been experiencing extremely unusually warm weather and while Fairbanks did receive quite a snow dump during Sept, a huge amount of our snow has melted off and combined with the winds of March, there's already been a fire down near Delta. Forestry is predicting a pretty bad fire season, there's almost no snow pack and with dry grass not packed down by the snow, it's going to be a brutal year for us. Temps aren't predicated to dip down ( it's been in the 30's and 40's, that's insanity for February!) so that's just adding to the pile at this point. We're going to have to start clearing a fire barrier around the house and the fence just in case worst scenario happens.

Anyways, the warm weather has been a big influence on my outfits, normally I need to wear actual coats but it's been so nice and sunny out that my leather jackets have been warm enough by themselves. I'm not even having to layer with my cashmere cardigan that I normally wear under this and my other jackets- it's been that nice outside! I won't lie, even with the danger of a bad fire year looming over us, it's so nice to see spring early. (And by early, I mean like 3 months early - this really is crazy for us.) Unfortunately, I forgot how much I dislike spring, the snow is melting, everything is muddy and wet and uuuuugh, the yard looks so bad during the spring! Greenup really makes a difference, everything goes from shades of mud to bright and colorful.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! I hope you guys are able to stay nice and safe from the forest fires! This week is supposed to be unusually warm too, I am definitely looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG THIS DRESS THIS DRESS THIS DRESS! *insert all the heart emojis here*
    Seriously. Your closet girl...sigh. It houses some of the most amazing pieces <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that skirt slays in all the most wonderful ways, especially with the fringed bag. i adore it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)