Friday, March 18, 2016

During The Storm





 Behind me you see the illusive Alaskan dragon during his hibernation - during the dead of winter in an R&R slosh fest these magnificent creatures are sometimes mistake for giant snow bats.

 At the end of the road in the literal middle of Alaska and there's still a cell phone tower in the background....
AEO Hat
Fringe Jacket (thrifted)
Free People Dress (thrifted) and Bag (ebay)
Vince Camuto Boots (consignment)

I mentioned the other day we were heading out to Chena Hot Springs to go soak in the pool and aaaah, it was a nice break from this craziness of the month! The hot springs is at the end of the road, about 65 miles out of Fairbanks and the day we drove out they ended up getting about 4 inches of snow. The rock pool is outside and it was so beautiful with the snowflakes and the snow covered rocks - the steam got so thick a couple of times you couldn't even see a few feet in front of yourself. If you are ever in Fairbanks it is the number one thing I would recommend doing, the drive out is beautiful and the whole experience is so much fun. (It's $15 for adults, $12 for children. There's also a nice hotel and cabins to spend the night in a a great little restaurant, there's also a Ice Museum sleigh rides and tons of fun hiking trails.)
I will say this is one of the few time I didn't feel bad taking pictures - everyone was taking selfies and videos in the rock pool! I even saw people doing snapchat and I've never seen that in the wild before, much less in a hot springs.

1 comment:

  1. Snapchat! That makes me feel like an old person. I haven't jumped on that bandwagon... yet. You look great! I saw two Helmut Lang items at my local consignment/thrift shop this weekend and I thought of you. I didn't get them (too fancy for my everyday) but I did walk with a Steven Alan a line skirt. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)