Thursday, March 24, 2016

Always Ebay For The Win






UO Hat
Helmut Lang Jacket (ebay)
H&M Cardigan (thrifted)
Elizabeth and James Silk Dress (ebay)
Rag and Bone "Harrow" Boots (ebay)
Free People Bag

I've gotten a lot of use out of this thrifted H&M cardigan! It's fairly well made and with no pilling so far (!) it's doing really well for being a thrifted fast fashion item. The length is mostly what has made it so versitle for me, for some reason the proportions seem to work with either my cropped jacket or my regular length and in all black outfits, the layering adds a little visual interest and some texture.

 I still love this Helmut Lang Coat I bought off ebay at the beginning of winter, it's so warm and is just beautiful - the the funnel neck layer under the wool layer makes for such a cool looking jacket. I also feel really lucky that I found it for such a great deal, the jacket normally retails for around 1k and similar offerings from Vince and Rick Owens are even more expensive! To be honest, I feel like Helmut Lang jackets are better quality than the Vince ones, the wool and leather used are really high quality and the workmanship is just superb - I have 3 jackets that I've found for really good deals and all three are fabulous and get a lot of wear. If I had to commit to one brand for the rest of my life, I'd have to go with Helmut Lang. The clothes are really well made, many are made in the USA and the jersey used in many of his pieces is so soft and durable. I know a lot of curvy women with large hips and busts feel like they can't wear drape-y stuff because of the tent affect over the boobs but maaaaaan, HL stuff looks sick on curvy chicks - it drapes and hugs the body so well. (I'll also have to say All Saints dresses can do a great job at this!) You can also find HL stuff on ebay for SO cheap, I've found a bunch of stuff under $30 and if you really watch, you can find it for less. I'd also say it runs pretty true to size but if you are worried about the no return policy of many ebay sellers, either know you measurements and get measurements off EVERYTHING or if you can, try items on at a department store (I assume most people have better access to this than those of us in AK aside from Anchorage) and look for those items then on ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)