Thursday, February 11, 2016

20x21 Day 4







Free People Hat (gift) and Necklace / Salvatore Ferragamo Bag (consignment)

Helmut Lang Leather Jacket (ebay)
DKNYC Cardigan (thrifted)
Seychelles Boots
Rick Owens Lillies Dress (thrifted)



YOU GUYS.

I HAD THE BEST THRIFTING DAY EVER  THE OTHER WEEK AND MY JOY MUST BE EXPRESSED BY YELLING ON THE INTERNET.

Ok, I'll try not to yell. We did a little thrifting a while ago and I've had "eh" luck lately.  Sometimes I've found one or two things lately but my last great finds was the Elizabeth and James sweater and the silk All Saints dress.  First, Paige jeans that actually fit my butt! (Paige cuts their jeans to flatter a small bum and mine is not...small. Paige jeans and me don't always get along) I've really needed another pair of jeans for work because the knees have blown out of my work pants and torn pants just aren't work acceptable.  Then, an amazingly soft and cheesy Anthropologie sweater that's perfect for work! A black Vince sweater! All this point, I was feeling like calling it a day but I swung by the dress section. Lots and lots of cute, nice dresses but not really my style until I found a soft, asymmetrical dress. The tag was really dark however and I was pretty sure it was Dickow Sullies - my goggle fu told me this wasn't a thing so I checked the material tag to see what it was made of and ooooooh, it was one of the nice tags, similar to the D&G tags I've seen. Made in Italy, good materials.....RICK OWENS LILLIES! I may have said a bad word, I was so stoked because I lust over Rick Owens dresses and this one was only $9.99! Hahha, thank goodness that they think F21 and Target are hot stuff and don't normally recognize the really good stuff.

I was so excited I was really to be done and probably, finally get my eyes examined (although who needed to be able to read small print and street signs? Phhht, not me) but I looked at the skirts really quickly. i usually bypass skirts because while there's usually nice stuff at our VV, it not always my style. But there was lots of long, flowy skirt so I thought I'd check them out.

AND THEN I FOUND THE ISABEL MARANT. NOT ENTOILE, THE RUNWAY LINE. It was a long, black silk skirt and it IS MINE.

Yeah, it was hard to beat this thrifting trip. I walk away empty handed most of the time but it's times like this that keep me coming back - who knows what you'll find?  You might go through a year of dry spells where it seems like you'll only ever find that pesky F21, Target and Old Navy marked up past retail and oooh, Jessica Simpson dresses for $80.....and then you have a killer find.  I do wish I'd included the Isabel Marant skirt in this challenge because ugggh, it's so beautiful but I have something really exciting to look forward to at the end. (I'll wear it with the docs.....I so wish I'd thrown the docs in.)

3 comments:

  1. Wow what an awesome thrifting trip! I feel like it almost always happens that way.. Either I find absolutely nothing at all, or I hit the motherload!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good freaking grief! Where do you thrift? And Where do you work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - those are amazing thrift finds! I really like how the drape of your jacket and cardi work together - it adds a lot of interest and movement to the outfit. Looking forward to seeing your Isabel Marant skirt when the challenge is over.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)