Friday, February 26, 2016

20x21 Day 19




 



J.Crew Coat (consignment) / Free People Bag (ebay) and Necklaces

Free People Sweater (ebay)
Rick Owens Dress (thrifted)
Seychelles Boots
This is probably one of my favorites of the whole challenge, I hiked the waist band of the dress up a bit to change the length (and used a belt to hold it in place, it actually worked well enough I didn't need to fiddle with it at all through out the day!) and I like how the different length changed the whole look. It was 45 degrees today and all of the snow was melting - we even got some rain! At this rate, spring should be here in just a few weeks. (Haha, a girl can dream right? That sure would be pleasant, compared to when spring usually arrives, in May.)

In other note, one of my favorite country singers from the 90's is in town giving a concert and uuugh, I want to go so bad! However, it's to benefit the NRA and while we do have guns and depend on hunting to fill our freezer, I'm not a huge fan on how the NRA handles things. (I'm also possibly just grumpy because it feels like the open carry's have gotten out of hand in town - there have been SO MANY people carrying guns around on their hips and it's always these people you know have zero experience with guns and think they are hot shit because they've watched some tactical videos on Youtube and play Medal of Honor. I stopped going into one of the Gamestop locations after a young man carrying a gun pulled it out of the holster to show it off to his friend behind the counter and was being very unsafe about pointing in the direction of people - it made me crazy nervous because accidentals shootings are a very real things and people are so stupid with guns, I know people who've accidently shot themselves or others and aside from my family, I dislike being around other people with guns because people are so lax about gun safety. Annnnyways, a lot of complaining because I feel like people are stupid with guns and there's a part of me that really doesn't want to support a group that is so arrogant and hardline about gun control. One of our town politicians is really pushing for open carry up at UAF because hey, everyone needs a gun, that fosters peace and happiness and joy and nothing bad could ever come from teenagers and guns.)

2 comments:

  1. I am loving this outfit!! I also love the soft golden light in these photos.
    I've heard some people argue that we should feel safer if everyone around us is carrying a gun, because there are more good people than bad people.. But I just don't trust people to be safe with their guns! There are always so many stories in the news about accidental shootings. Anytime I see somebody carrying a gun I get nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this look, especially the jewelry. What does the dress look like on its own?

    Also, can I get nosy for a second, do you have kids?

    Lastly, guns, ugh. I wish people would just leave them what they are: a tool. Not glorifying them, not vilifying them. Just a tool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)