Friday, February 19, 2016

20x21 Day 12








Coach Leather Bag

Helmut Lang Leather Coat (consignment)
Rick Owens Lillies Dress (thrifted)
Rag and Bone Pants (ebay)
Sandgrens Manhattan Clog Boots c/o Sandgrens


No hat today and I regret it so much. I was trying to do a cute braid back into a ponytail and I just really miss the hat. I did try to also play around with layers a little bit and be creative with the items in my 20 capsule, I thought this dress might work as a drapey top. It sort of works but maybe not with these pants, the leather or the black ones might be better. It also didn't help that it ended up being all bunched up by the time I finally took pictures so I'm not sure how very practical it really is as a top. I'm just trying to be creative, darn it!  I do like all of the asymmetrical lines going on in this outfit, with the neckline, the hem and the jacket's lines, it's visually pretty interesting.

Anyways, almost two weeks into the 20 items for 21 days capsule and so far it's been pretty fun. (On another note, The Suburb Experiment, an other Alaskan blogger, has been doing an old fashion 30x30, a la Kendi! I regret telling you about this because she's got super awesome style and now you'll never visit my blog again because you'll be blown away by her stylish-ness. But it seems like a lot of us have been feeling the winter blahs about our wardrobes and these mini capsules/wardrobe remixes are a surprisingly great way to break out of that!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I haven't done anything blogging related in so long. It's great to finally read yours again! Even if you miss your hat, I still think your hair looks cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)