Saturday, January 23, 2016

Frost Covered World

 





UO Hat
Fred Meyer Scarf
Helmut Lang Coat and Dress (ebay)
DKNY Cardigan (thrifted)
H&M Belt c/o H&M (old)
Marc by Marc Jacobs Bag (consigment)
Dolce Vita Boots (ebay)

I love how the lines of this cardigan, dress and coat all worked togther! I've been really happy with the cardigans I bought this year (all thrift, woo and maybe $20 for all four) but I love this DKNY and the black H&M one - they both have very different hemline but both work really well under shorter jackets.

This was such a dark look that that when I reached for a black bag, it felt like a little "too much" you know? I hate to say this bag adds a pop of color because wow, blogger buzz words there, but it broke up the outfit and was a bit unexpected. I haven't used this bag a ton in he years that I've bought it but I love the color so much and it's my absolute favorite style of bag that Marc Jacobs put out so I haven't talked myself into reselling it. I'm really happy I didn't' because I feel like it really works with my style choices right now.  And for being a diffusion line, the leather used in the Marc by Marc Jacobs bags is really high quality stuff, quite a bit nicer than what's being used in the Coach and Kate Spade bags right now so it's quite said that the Marc by Marc Jacobs line was discounted.  I felt like it was one of the more successful diffusion lines, the overall aesthetic was very true to the designer, stuff was well made and it was super cool looking.  My mom had a cute Marc by Marc Jacobs bird printed silk blouse that was her favorite thing to wear.  It was ruined about a yea ago so I've been on the hunt to see if it ever pops up on ebay, I'd love to be able to surprise her with it.

2 comments:

  1. Tehehe, "pop of color"...yeah, I cringe everytime I use it, but sometimes there's just no other words for it xD
    Love this outfit Kate, the shapes and lines and cut of everything goes together so beautifully.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)