Monday, December 28, 2015

Cozy

 





Urban Outfitters Hat
Fred Meyer Scarf
BCBG Cardigan (thrifted)
Max Mara Cashmere Sweater (consignment)
J.Brand "Maria" High Rise Jeans (ebay)
Pendleton Bag (consignment)
UGG Clog Boots (thrifted)

Blanket scarves can seem overwhelming in size but I think a lot of that has to do with what climate you deal with - I live in a bitterly cold climate so alllll the extra warmth from the scarf is welcome. Blanket scarves are nice because of their size, you can wrap them multiple times around you neck and they're wide enough they can be folded in half, giving a little extra weight and helping seal in heat. If you wear them for warmth, you just sort of deal with all of the extra material because hey, it's nice to be warm! However, I think they would feel pretty irrating if you live in a warm climate, that's a lot of scarf and if you aren't using it for warmth it really might feel like too much. (They do make for cute shawls or ponchos.)

It's really up to you if they're your thing or not, personally I love them and really enjoy mine. I don't think I would buy another unless I really fell in love with the pattern or material, I try to keep a little variety with my scarves and not have a ton of the same thing. I do have two snoods, a AEO maroon one and a black one from Fred Meyer but seeing as I get about the same amount of wear out of both, I don't feel too bad about that.

I am so happy that I found these boots this summer, I've been trying to resist the lure of the snuggly shearling and only wear them when the temps start to really drop but man, I can't tell you how much I love these boots. I really like the look of clog boots, the wood soles also have great traction on the ice, I haven't slipped at all in these and again, the comfort. I'm pretty sure that way in the future, when these finally give up the ghost that I will buy another pair just because I enjoy wearing these so much. (But that should be way, way in the future....)

These guys sort of surprised us in the field the other night, there's actually three of them but I need to work on taking pictures in low light apparently.  There's also been a super cute fox hanging around - it looks like the coyotes have finally moved on and we're starting to see a lot more wildlife again.  There's rabbit tracks every and while we haven't seen any ptarmigans around, the ravens have been making up for them. (Namely getting into everything.)



1 comment:

  1. This does look like a super cozy outfit! I have only just heard about blanket scarves, and find myself really wanting one. They sound amazing! And wow! Mooses!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)