Friday, November 13, 2015

Sunlit








American Eagle Outfitters Hat
Fred Meyer Scarf
Kenneth Cole New York Coat (ebay)
Elizabeth and James Sweater (thrifted)
Jones Cashmere Top (thrifted) Old Navy Long Sleeve Tee /All layered under Sweater
Rag and Bone Leather Pants (ebay)
Anthropologie Bag (birthday gift)
UGG Boots (thrifted)

Well, shoot, the cold finally decided to show up this week! We had -19 below zero F yesterday morning and it felt like such a shock to the system. I was organizing my picture folders and when I came across the first photos this sweater showed up in, I almost had to laugh. It was a lovely 38F that day but it had dipped down overnight from 60F and if felt so cold I layered like a crazy person to stay warm. Bawwha, that would feel so great right about now! But that's how it goes, the temps fall in waves and it really only takes a little while to adjust - it just feels awful for the first week. I know pretty soon -19F will feel like a heat wave. This morning it was 0 and it felt so warm!

Speaking of a heat wave however, apparently I'm the only one in the Fairbanks/North Pole area who felt cold this morning, everyone I saw in town had a very light jacket on or quite a few just had long sleeve tees and puffy vests. Obviously, I'm overdressed for the weather and all you'll ever learn from me is how to overheat. (In my defense however, I was actually outdoors for extended periods of time and not just running back and forth from the car to the heated buildings. In cold weather I do dress to stay warm and I ALWAYS pack my Boggs boots, snow pants, winter gloves, hat and a heavy duty coat in case the car breaks down. When it's cold outside, it's foolish to believe accidents won't happen of the car might not break down and I pack the car for the worst car scenario, even if I'm just running to the gas station. Years ago I was in a scary situation where my car broke down late at night, it was colder than -50F and there were no other cars on the road. I also was not dressed for the weather with just jeans, no long underwear, a winter coat and boots. I walked almost two miles for help and ended up with a bad case of frostbit on my thighs. It could have been so much worse and those scars are a reminder to me to never put myself in that situation again. Put your winter gear in the car because it might literally save your life and you will need it the one time you don't pack it.)

And since I don't want to scare you all off, look, it's UGGs! Personally, I think these boots are cute, in a weird-winter-gear-cute way. So soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)