Thursday, November 19, 2015

Long Jackets and Short Skirts







American Eagle Outfitters Hat and Scarf
BCBGMaxA Cardigan (thrifted)
Elizabeth and James Top (consignment)
Free People Bag (ebay) and skirt
Rag and Bone Boots (ebay)

I have two similar coats, this Jones New York coat I thrifted last year and then the J.Crew coat I wore earlier this winter. The J.Crew one is pretty decent, it has sharp lines and it works okay for down to 0, after that it's time to break out this coat. It's heavier, 100% wool and has a little bit loose fit so I can layer more under it. It's also down to my knees which I like in the cold, I really dislike wearing a short coat and jeans and then feeling a draft down my backside if I bend over. Brrr! I know long coats are normally recommended if you're short nor straight cut coats if you're curvy but I rather like it and I like the silhouette it creates. (And for some reason it makes me look taller so take that, figure flattery rules!)

I've really been enjoying this AE scarf I bought earlier, I usually buy one scarf every year or so from them because they put out cute ones but I think this is my very favorite.  It's really thick and the width is thick enough that it lays nicely and  don't have to wrap it several times., I don't really care for those infinity scarves that you have to wrap five times around your neck and then about straggle yourself to take back off so this one is perfect.  Also, these boots.  They're pretty much perfection and I wear them every where.

3 comments:

  1. I do prefer long coats over short coats, so much so that I haven't even touched my short ones yet this year! That bag is super cute, love the fringe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I love this layered look! You look super cute! And oh my, you need it! Jealous of the snow! I miss it so much! We haven't had a good winter with decent snow (which actually stays all winter) in the Netherlands as it suppose to be in a very long time...

    Much Love from The Netherlands,
    Lucia

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Lucia Flores Diary Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha girl you kill me! A draft down your backside :) I have a few long coats but for some reason I usually reach for my short coats when I head out. I got sold on getting an insulated skirt and I've only worn it once :(

    Louisa
    LA PASSION VOUTEE
    http://lapassionvoutee.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)