Monday, November 16, 2015

It's Looking Festive










American Eagle Hat and Bag
Fred Meyer Scarf/Poncho (it's huge, I think it's suppose to be a poncho but I like it as a scarf)
Helmut Lang Coat (ebay)
Joie Blouse (thrifted)
Leather Belt (very old, from my Show Jumping days)
J.Crew Skirt (consignment)
Dolce Vita Boots (ebay)

 
Ev helped me out with these pictures, there's a fairly busy road that runs along side the slough here and I'm too much of a coward to break out the tripod where everyone can see. Four years of blogging and I'm more of a coward about taking pictures where people can see than I was before, every time a car would drive by I'd tip my hat way down. If I can't see them, they can't see me, right? (No, apparently it doesn't work that way.) While we were taking pictures I noticed what looked like a really plump cat right on the edge of the ice near the open water. Haha, it took me a moment to realize it was muskrat, he dove in and swam just a few feet away from us on his way down slough. Muskrats are really adorable looking, they're like gigantic voles, but cute!

I love this coat so much, I know I've been wearing it a ton lately but that was my intention when I bought it. I love the look of Helmut Lang coats, they have such interesting asymmetry in the cuts and they usually have strong shoulders, something I really like! (I like a sharp shoulder on myself, because I like flowey dresses and tops, the sharp angle of a strong shoulder seems like it gives a little balance.) The coat also just feels beautiful to wear, the wool and leather are so nice on it. I could go on and on about it but I'll spare everyone.

3 comments:

  1. No worries about having a coat you love! That's my fave thing about colder weather - wearing my fave coats all the time :D
    Hahaha, and I don't think that blogger fear ever goes away. I'm actually getting a little better about acting more nonchalant at least. Since Youtubing, I've actually caught several awkward encounters on camera now and it's hilarious xD

    [INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY] Win a FREE Kawaii Box!
    I'm on the Tube!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same exact way with taking outfit pictures! I was so overjoyed when we got a fence out up around our backyard so I didn't have to worry about the neighbors seeing me snapping photos of myself anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)