Monday, October 19, 2015

Some Surpises Are Not The Best








Urban Outfitters Hat
Anthropologie Cardigan (consignment)
Elizabeth and James Shirt (consignment)
Seven for all Mankind Jeans (consignment)
Free People Clogs (ebay)
American Eagle Outfitters Bag

The majority of my wardrobe is second hand, either from a local consignment shop, Value Village and Ebay. The rest comes from FP sales, American Eagle Outfitters and a bit of Old Navy. It's pretty sparing on the Old Navy as everything lately seems to be crazy in vanity sizing or super boxy in terms of cut and while I use to shop at AEO quite a bit, I've slow down and only buy a few items from them now. Their high rise black jeans are fabulous, they're cut for a bigger butt and the quality is really good for the price. They've also had some great bags this season with natural materials! 


 The local consignment shop is Fireweed Consignment on the corner of College and University, it's a great stores and they recently started lowering their prices so I bought the top and the cardigan for $15 - that's pretty great for nice stuff like Anthro and Elizabeth and James! I love this shop, I take in a bunch of my stuff and just save my credits towards other things, they stock everything between Target and ON to DVF and Dolce and Gabbana and everyone who works there is really sweet. (They also just opened a baby section on the other side of the store and have some great stuff and decent prices on onesies.) Heh, I realize I sound like an ad for this shop but it's my favorite place in town. I also have really great luck at Value Village, their stock seems like it's quite a bit better than the Salvation Army's and while I don't always walk away with something, there's really nice, high quality stuff to be found.    My favorite brands to watch for are rag & bone(along with their sister brand Elizabeth and James) Antropologie brands, FP, Joie, J.Brand and J.Crew for coats. I will say while VV usually marks Target and F21 merchendise up to retail prices, they mark other brands down really low, aside from things like BCBG and J.Crew.   The only thing I don't have great luck in finding is usually shoes, it seems like everyone's shoe size is 7 and the size 9s are slim pickings!  I get lucky maybe once or twice a year but I end up buying most of my shoes off ebay. 

I will say that last time I was at VV, I got really excited because there was a pair of Sam Edelman Pettys in almost new condition for really reasonable.  Those boots have been really popular for the past two years and I'd kinda keeping my eye on getting a pair.  I tried them on and ugh.....it wasn't good.  The look on my face was terrible apparently that a guy walking by looked at me, the boots (I was wearing on Petty on one foot and my black boots that I'd come in wearing on the other) and said, "I think you should get the black boots, they look better."  Agreed!  If I hadn't been so horrified at how awful they made my legs look, I would have snapped a picture to laugh at but wow, I don't think I've ever tried on a more unflattering boot!   They made my legs just look really thick and short and did terrible things to my ankle where my lack boots made my legs look like they were on a different person.   At least I got to try tem on before ordering them!

2 comments:

  1. Love your outfit! Your hair looks great at that length. =)
    Haha, about 80% of my closet is stuff from Value Village. Love that place. I have less luck at Salvation Army for whatever reason.
    It's great that you had the opportunity to try those boots on before you ordered them! That's partially why I am leery about ordering shoes online. I've definitely ordered knee high boots that didn't end up fitting over my calf. D=
    Take care!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that scarf! It's such a fun wintery pattern. Most of my clothes are from thrift stores too. It's amazing what good quality brands you can find there for a fraction of the price!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)