Monday, October 12, 2015

Not A Good Obsession






Scarf (gift)
J.Crew Coat (consignment)
American Eagle Shirt
Leather Belt (thrifted)
Acne Jeans (consignment)
Free People Cogs (ebay) and Bag (ebay)

Switching up my look for the day with some wide leg jeans. There's a lot to be said about the ease of having a personal uniform but I know for me that can lead to a style rut. All black skinny jeans all the time! (Or maybe that maxi dresses, I suppose I have two uniforms.)  It's unusual not to have a hat however, I sort of missed it with the chillier temps today and it just didn't quite feel like a Katie outfit without a hat.   Don't let the lack of snow fool you, it's approaching winter rapidly around these parts, the ice on the ponds grows thicker and thicker by the day.  I feel like I need to make the most of every day right now because I know it's just not that far away, although I did just look up the extended forecast for Fairbanks/North Pole and you guys, it looks like it's going to be freakishly warm!  Like not even really hitting below zero until the end of November - that's nuts!  We've had some easy winters the past few years (after the winter that broke a hundred year record for cold, Thanksgiving was almost -50 below zero and that's not with wind-chill, just straight up cold) so I was really expecting to have a brute of a winter this year.  Hurray!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I really hope your winter is milder this year, crossing fingers and calling upon the dark forces for help! :D
    I do love these jeans,so 70's and trendy!!! More drooling over those rings though, I've want a nice pack of bohemian rings for so long, just like the ones you have, so jelly right now!!! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so in love with this your "new" uniform honey. The wide leg jeans is fire!!

    Louisa
    LA PASSION VOÛTÉ​E​

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)