Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Colors!





 




Free People Hat and Dress (consignment)
Elizabeth and James Sweater (thrifted)
Rag and Bone Boots (ebay)
Ecote Bag

This field filled up with all of the water from the melted snow and it's frozen over enough in the past few weeks that it's strong enough to walk on. (Well, the water was only like 6 inches in the deepest spot and the ice is right about that now so there's not really any danger, it's just one big, frozen over puddle.) The kids were having fun sliding around on it and I took a few quick pictures, it's a pretty cool looking area and I really liked my outfit this day. I don't like how quickly this dress wrinkles, it's fine until I sit down and then it's wrinkle city but you know, that's real life. Boots get dirty, coats get little pills and dresses wrinkle. Of course, you can clean your boots and shave off the pills but unless you carry a tiny, battery powered steamer around, there's not a lot you can do about wrinkles in the middle of the day.

I've had this hat for a while but I don't wear it very often so I decided to switch it up and I replaced the band. The first band was just a orange piece of leather and it was okay but not that interesting. I bought some cheap trim from Joanna's and sewed it on and tada, looks like a new hat! I think I'll get more wear out of it now, I really like how the orange bightens up an outfit. I know sometimes I get stuck just wearing black, black, black or wearing all black accessories and I think that's mostly because it's easy. It doesn't take a lot to coordinate accessories if they're all the same color so I'm trying to branch out a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)