Monday, September 28, 2015

Pull of the Current








Free People Jacket (consignment)
Shirt (thrifted - no label)
Seven For All Mankind Jeans (consignment)
Free People Clogs (ebay) and Bag (christmas gift)

Look who finally did a real job heming these pants! Yeah, it looks quite a bit better than my last attempt, I can wear something other than a six inch heel with them now. (And even then they were too long, short people problems) I really love wearing these clogs with jeans, for some reason I feel like they look odd with dresses but totally okay with jeans - I'm pretty sure it's just my own personal hangup about that. I am happy that I did get around to hemming these, the not-having-to-wear-huge-heels makes the jeans a little more practical now.
I was given a ton of rhubarb yesterday as well so I'm working on making freezer jam today - it's pretty simple stuff and rather than use pectin, I use orange peels and it's just killer tasting.  I wish we'd gotten more blueberries this year, we've eaten through ours already and I just froze most of them to put in cobblers and pancakes.  Ugh, there's never enough!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I have the same hangup when I wear flats with shorts or a skirt. It just doesn't look good on me...at least, not in my opinion. Love the clogs girl and awesome job on the hemming!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Check out my YouTube channel too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha i love clogs with dresses and skirts and shorts lol. I never end up wearing them with pants for some reason I don't know why! love your jeans, I'm going to have to start wearing clogs and jeans together because it looks really nice.

    also orange peels instead of pectin? I'm intrigued. I will have to look into this!

    Emmett - Hippie Lace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)