Monday, September 21, 2015

On The Run








Forever21 Hat
Free People Jacket (consigment) Free People Dress (ebay)
Madewell Bag (consignment)
Seychelles Boots
Scarf (consigment)

I really loved this outfit, the mix of prints with the jacket and the dress really worked for me and even though I'm sad to put the sandals away for the next 9 mounths until the sun returns to us, it's fun to break the boots back out again. The Seychelles boots were the first boots that I really spent more than a tiny amount one and my feet thank me for it! I use to be a pretty die-hard Payless fan, what fool would spend more than $50 on ONE pair of shoes when I could get four or five pairs for less? As a result of not well fitting, haard shoes and 12 hours days on my feet my toes are not fetish worthy. (In fact, I'm pretty sure I could make a foot fetish person run in the other direction.) I've only kept one pair of those Payless shoes and for some reason, I tried to wear them the other day and wow, my feet were killing me after only five minuetes. I suddenly remebered why they's been banished and now they're on their way to the thrift store to bring the joy of painful shoes to someone else.

For as high of a heel as these boots have, they are crazy comfortable to wear all day. The pitch isn't so high that it makes me feel like I'm walking on tiptoes and they're wide enough in the box that my feet aren't crying for mercy. (And on another note, I found this crazy cute pair of Coach black leather loafers for really cheap at the consigment tore. Score, they were even in my size which never happens! And then I tried them on and couldn't even get my toes in, the loafers were SO narrow.) I've had these boots for a few years now and they're still in really nice shape, even after being a terriable shoe owner and wearing them in the rain, snow and slush and usually with thick wool socks. If that's not an endorsment, I don't know what is.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Katie, I really loved this outfit TOO!
    The dress so wonderful.
    I included to you in my last feature,
    Sorry belated notice, I hope you like...
    http://maximsfashion.blogspot.com/2015/09/tuning.html
    Have a wonderful week ahead!
    If there is a problem, I delete oK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I am really liking this outfit! I don't really have anything denim, besides jeans, but I am really wanting some for this fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)