Friday, September 25, 2015

Is It Really A Blog Meet Up If There's No Photos?






Free People Hat
AEO Poncho
Aero Tee
Rag and Bone Leather Pants (ebay)
Anthropologie Bag (birthday gift)
Report Leather Boots (thrifted)

Much like "is a Subaru a Subaru is it's not plastered in bumper stickers" is a blog meet up really a blog meet up if there's no photos?  (and I mean that, why are subareas always covered in bummer stickers?  It's always a shock to see one that's not, you assume it's brand new and the owner forgot to bring their box of stickers to the car lot.)
Today was my very first blog meet up with the lovely Louisa of La Passion Voutée, another local Fairbanks blogger.  Alaska doesn't have a ton of other style bloggers and I haven't managed to meet up with anyone else on my trips to Anchorage so I was excited but really nervous at the same time. I was a little worried I'd be awkward and make a total fool out of myself but we'd been texting back and forth for a little while and by the time I met her, I felt like I'd known her for a while!  She is just as awesome and smart as she comes across on her blog and I had SO much fun! It's really odd to be able to talk to someone else about this blogging thing (because people in rl just look at you when you try to explain about blog stuff) but I had such a blast and the time passed by so quickly. She is seriously such a sweet person and I hope we meet up again soon, she's one of those really well rounded people who has so many interests and is so smart and funny that you can't help but get caught up in the conversation.  (And I'm really sorry for sounding so dorky Louisa, but I had so much fun meeting you, you are a sweetheart!)  

I feel lie I need to add in that these photos are from earlier in the week, today the skies opened and Fairbanks got a good three inches of snow in the morning!  (Apparently everyone forgot how to drive on snow. It's not like we get that stuff every year or anything.)

1 comment:

  1. Haha Katie I had a blast meeting you! Ok next time we have to take pictures too :) I was equally nervous and super excited. Hope I did not talk your ears off? You are such a darling and a super mom. My goodness I have no idea how you gracefully manage so many things. I definitely want to start posting more frequently like you do.

    Louisa
    http://lapassionvoutee.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)