Thursday, August 27, 2015

Time Keeps Slippin' Through My Fingers, But I Can't Think About That Now









Urban Outfitters Hat
Leather Jacket (thrifted)
H&M Dress c/o H&M (old)
Free People Belt and Clogs
Spell Designs Bag (ebay)

This was an outfit I wore to a "Tea Party" Baby shower a few weeks ago. (No, not the political Tea Party - that would have been an entirely different outfit there!) I wore a small black hat rather than my fedora but the black hat kept falling off.  I probably should have used some hat pins to keep it on but.....I have no hat pins. 

After that exciting revelation (what will next week bring?  She likes fringe bags? *gasp!*)  I don't really have a follow up.  It was a fun party and fun to have something to actually dress up for and I made cupcakes for the party the night before so really, it was a win-win.  The baby shower was really cute and it was fun to have an excuse to buy baby clothes again - they're just so tiny!  It was for one of my brother's and his gf so everyone's really looking forward to the new nephew and we're all excited for them and to meet the little boy in a few months.   

I've been trying to be careful about talking too much about friends and family here because I don't want to be rude and put out stuff about people if they don't want to have a internet presence so I apologize for how boring and stilted I've been lately.  I haven't really figured out how to balance that and it's really left me feeling like I don't know how to approach posts right now.   I'll try to get better about it and see if I can figure out a good balance.

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! I'm a sucker for anything lace, and I really like the belt you used to go with it. Aww a tea party baby shower sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a bit tough trying to share enough to stay relevant and interesting and respecting other's privacy, huh? I know, it's tough! But I know you'll find that balance!
    Either way, your photography and outfits speak for itself, so there's that :) Love that crochet dress!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Check out my YouTube channel too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, totally understand you. Most people like being mentioned btw, as long as you don't hate them in your post :D Also, most people would never even know about the post. But yeah, I get where you're coming from. I like sharing personal stuff on my blog and I love reading about other people's lives (creepy), but it helps me connect with this person even more!
    And omg, you are soooooo pretty here, don't own hat pins too, didn't even knew such a thing existed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)