Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Last Dog Day Of Summer








 

Silk Scarf worn as a wrap(thrifted)
Forever21 Dress (thrifted)
Old Navy Sandals
Free People Necklace and Bag (gift)

A lot of "fast fashion" worn today. There's a few things I really like about this dress (ok, mostly just the color and chiffon skirt) but the short slip really drives me bonkers. I don't understand why more stores don't do a full lining, I feel like these half slips look really cheap and even though I'm short at 5'2, the slips always feel way too short and like I'm moments away from exposing myself. (Yay for big butts! Sometimes a good thing but when it comes to short slips, not so much.) I'd like to find decent replacement for this dress as the short slip keeps me from  wearing it very often and I want to be at a place where everything in my closet gets lots of wear.  It's not much fun to have something in there if I'm not comfortable wearing it all of the time.
I'm petty happy with these sandals however!  They were a bit of an impulsive buy when the sandals I really wanted sold out but I've gotten quite a bit of wear out of this year.  They're nowhere near as comfy as Birks but I think they're cute looking and I wore them our whole trip down to Anchorage and then to a circus, carnival and a fair so they aren't too bad for walking around.
The temps have dropped quite a bit since I wore this outfit, yesterday morning it was about 40 degrees and while it's a little bit warmer, it's been rainy and windy so I've been wearing jackets and scarves the past few days.  NOT.  READY.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I am in love with that color! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look. That color is gorgeous, and it makes me wish autumn was here, already, though I agree that colder temps are not fun. Can't it just be between 65-75 all the time?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)