Friday, June 12, 2015

Roadtrip







American Eagle Hat
Fred Meer Kimono (gift)
Anthro Dress (thrifted)
Free People Bag (ebay)
Free People Sandals

We're getting ready to head out of town for about four days, we're going camping, visiting grandparents - it's a vacation!  Usually camping trips are vacation for us but last year we didn't get aa chance to even get out of town so everyone's been really looking forward to this trip.  We'll head down towards Anchorage to visit family and the kids are really excited because they'll get to visit the zoo and go to Chucky Cheeses. (Oh, the joy.... the zoo will be a ton of fun, Chucky Cheese not so much but it's something the kids have really been wanting to do for a while now and we want to make it a really trip for them.) 
We knew we wanted to do a lot of camping this year so last fall we bought a fairly new Explorer because hey, we're Ford People and Explorers are just fucking awesome.  It really made a big difference in driving the icy hills this winter, hat thing is so stable I didn't have a single panic attack this year. (about 4 years ago we were in a car accident and I ended up not being able to drive for the rest of the winter, I'd get behind the wheel and I'd have difficulty breathing and would start shaking so badly I couldn't drive.  It lessened a little after the first year but I was still getting attacks a few times a year and it made driving pretty miserable.  I gained a lot of confidence back after a few scary moments the year before and having a car as stable as the Explorer made a hue difference.  The Advtrack is sweet!  And as much as I love the Expedition, the Explorer was a more comfortable size on some of the smaller roads, I didn't feel like I was constantly driving half on the road, half in the ditch.)   Anyways, we have a car now that's going to be really great for camping and hunting so we've got a couple fun trips planned for this summer.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and see you later!

3 comments:

  1. These photos are so beautiful and sharp! Everything looks so green and lush, I love it! That's great you're getting some confidence back. I can get pretty freaked out while driving, I can only imagine how scary it would be to get in a wreck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, those panic attacks, pain in the ass I tell ya, the brain is a stupid machine! There is no danger you idiot, why you so panicky? Damn brain!
    My sister has panic attacks when she goes with a car to a certain place, and getting passed that place makes her scared for no reason. She's not even driving! As I said, brain is stupido!
    I love this outfit, you are getting prettier and prettier! Also, yay for the big vacation, have an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)