Thursday, June 25, 2015

Last Stop on the Road









Urban Outfitters Hat
Anthro Elephant Jumpsuit (ebay)
DV by Dolce Vita Heels
Pacsun Kimono
Bag (made by me)

I  actually bought this jumpsuit last winter but for some reason did a really bad job styling it for the cold and ended up never showing the pictures. (They were just and the bad hair days didn't really help.)  It seems to be more of a warm weather garment because it's super cute with open toed shoes and sandals.  I've talked before about really like animal prints and Winter Kate had a few items which had the cutest print ever - unfortunately I ended up missing out on all of them, I found this one after doing a elephant print search on ebay.   Some times ebay throws you a bone and you find cute stuff you didn't even know you wanted! (Okay, that happens a lot.)
I took apart one of my woven bag and copied the pattern to make my own bag, I bought the fabric at a garage sale and hand sewed the whole thing in about two nights. (Haha, I ripped out my stiches so many times....)   It's a really simple pattern, just putting two sides of fabric together and then sewing the strap along the sides to cover up my far less than perfect work so I went pretty simple on the embellishments.  If I try another bag I think I'll add on a few things but it's not bad for a first try, as long as you don't look at the inside.

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you, the jumpsuit looks more like a summer item, but I think it's not completely lost for the cold, maybe a bunch of layers and coats will fix it! :D
    Love this, you are getting more beautiful with every post, damn you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG THIS JUMPSUIT IS LIFE!!!
    *_*
    I think if someone asked me who's closet I'd raid if I could raid anybody's, I wouldn't be naming a celebrities closet. I'd be saying "Katie's closet from the Alaskan Weredork!" No hesitation.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Check out my YouTube channel too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This jumpsuit is awesome! I love the elephant print and the kimono you paired with it. Those sandals are fantastic too. Such a great summertime outfit. I hope you're able to figure out how to style the jumpsuit for cooler weather too though!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)