Wednesday, June 17, 2015

In The Shadow of Castle Mountain












Urban Outfitters Hat
Free People Poncho and Bag (ebay)
Top (trifted)
American Eagle Jeans
Doc Martens (gift)

When we lived in Healy my siblings and I use to call this mountain Castle Mountain.  The peak had the look of a crumbling castle built by crazy Northmen who wanted a unreached fortress and it always reminded me of something from Dragon's Milk. (A great book but I'm not really sure why I made the connection between the two, it just seemed fitting.) 
It wasn't sure hot when we headed out of Fairbanks and this poncho was pretty comfy for driving, it's so soft and snuggly and it's easy to slip off when I started getting over heated.  (The temps really went up as we crossed the mountain pass.) I personally like wearing my Docs for camping, they're a pretty decent outdoor shoe and way more comfortable than Hunters. (Seriously, I've only ever seen one person wear Hunters in Ak.  If you want a good rainboot,you wear XtraTuffs or Bogs.  I like Bogs a little more, I've hiked and camped in mine and have never had my feet hurt, they're like magical outdoor boots or something.  Hunters...you can wear them in the rain?  Yup, that's about it.)  My mom was just joking about wearing her Docs are riding boots back in the 80s, they were her favorite thing to wear because they were so tough and versatile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)