Monday, May 4, 2015

Slow Down And Speed Up




Hat
Joe Fresh Blouse (consignment)
Leather Belt (thrifted)
American Eagle Jeans
Free People Clogs (ebay)
Satchel (present)
Sweet Ride (not mine)

Work's taking an unexpected slow-down for me so I feel a little frustrated right now.  We're getting ready to start working on the house now that everything is staring to thaw out and not having the extra money means we'll have to take it a little slower than we were hoping for.  But rather than complain(which I'm sure no one wants to hear about) I'm trying to have a decent attitude about it.  the kids are going to be out of school pretty soon so it'll free me up to spend lots of time with them and do some fun things this summer.  It'll also be nice with Ev's new schedule to have everyone home at night and weekends free so we'll try to take advantage of the extra freedom and do some weekend camping trips.   It's just strange to have free time, I don't really know what to do with myself!  Well, it mostly means lots and lots of yard cleanup right now, my flowers are going to look amazing this year! I'm thinking about planting a ton of sunflowers along side the house, they're Gunnar's favorite flower and the kids are really into gardening right now so it'll be a fun project for him to help with.  I think we'll get some kid fishing poles as a end of school present as well, one of the sloughs near by is catch-and-release so it'll be another fun activity for them.  (They might work better than the little twine and stick poles I made for the kids last year - we didn't have much luck catching fish with those!)

3 comments:

  1. I love this photoshoot! Enjoy your new found free time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in the midst of never-ending house renos myself, I feel your pain. They never end and money (or lack of!) is the main thing holding us back. Cheers to the little things in life, like fun outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)