Thursday, April 9, 2015

Windblown






Free People Hat (gift)
American Eagle Outfitters Denim Jacket
Anna Sui Maxi (ebay)
Ecote Bag
Seychelles Boots

I usually like to wear either a cropped or a long jacket with a maxi, I'm only 5'2 so that seems the best way to balance out my proportions and not look just...short. (Because it's apperently bad to look short? Bad case of short person syndrome here.) This jacket is nigther and while it does look a little awkward in length, I like how the light blue denim looks with the purple and reds in the dress. I bought this dress on ebay a while back and I was so excited about it! Anna Sui is one of the few designers whose shows I always drool over, she's got a really fabulous bohemian feel to most of her signs and always uses really beautiful colors and textures in her clothes. (Oh, the prints!) I wonthe ation for this dress for $20 and for not being from her line from Target(One of their really good collaborations, she used silk in most of her garments for the collaboration) or for Anthropologie, that's pretty awesome.

In other oh-so-exciting news, I dyed my hair again.  I started going grey when I was 19 and now it's to the point where it's mostly grey.  I wish I was cool enough to just say, "eh" and go with it but I don't want to be grey yet. I just use box dye but I've always had pretty good results with it, aside from an attempted "highlights" job back in college that left me with really brassy blonde hair.  This time I was cheap and tried Revlon's dye in darkest brown, it was only $3.29 and I just needed to do my roots.  It seems like it worked fairly well, the color isn't bad but I suppose I'll know how decent it is after a few washings.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I love how this denim jacket looks with the dress too! This whole look is just perfect and I love seeing how your outfits are lightening up with the weather :)
    And wait, really? I didn't know that about your hair! But hey, you HAVE heard that the hottest hair trend right now is grey hair, right? I'm not kidding! Check it out: http://www.theblondesalad.com/2015/03/beauty-trend-50-shades-of-grey-hair.html

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)