Friday, April 24, 2015

Stuck In The Proverbial Mud





Free People Hat and Dress
Love Culture Denim Jacket (thrifted)
American Eagle Crop Top
Jeffery Campbell x Free People Clogs (ebay)
Proenza Schouler Bag (consignment) 

Sixty degrees you guys!  And even though the river is in the middle of break up, the sand is totally dry and warm. (We built the first sand castles of the season and I'm pretty sure that's a new record for us.)  I also finally figured out a way to wear this dress during he summer as well, crop tops!  The backless dresses look like they're still a big trend but I'm not totally comfortable showing off my bra that much and if you're not comfortable it shows.  I ended up layering a white crop top under this dress and it totally took care of the not-wanting-to-feel-totally-exposed-and-sorta-appropriate thing.  Because this dress is so strappy the straps from the crop ended up blending in with the whole look and not looking so awkward - sometimes it's a really delicate balance between looking Mormon and being appropriate for everyday situations.(My life isn't glamorous nor trendy enough for me to have places to go where showing off my bra is appropriate. Fairbanks, Alaska just isn't there yet. Or it's probably that I'm not cool nor hip enough.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)