Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Deamweaver





Urban Outfitters Hat
Old Navy Coat (old), Old Navy Tank
Tibi Silk Skirt (ebay)
Carlos Boots
Spell Deigns Dreamweaver Bag (ebay)

I bought this skirt a while back, wore it a bit that summer and then didn't wear it at all last summer. I tried to but it seemed really fussy with all of the tops I owned and it just. didn't. work. I was in the middle of a big change over in my closet and trying to figure out what I really wanted my style to be. Since then I've tried to be better about buying basics with the correct details (like how this tank has a v-neck rather than a round neckline, it makes all of the difference under my kimonos and the navy color, rather than a black, works with more items and isn't as harsh) and it's meant that items I felt really on the fence about keeping now work.

I think part of it is that I just didn't push mysself to wear it that often, it's a beautiful skirt but it's juuuust a bit too long and that makes me not want to wear it and drag the hem through the dirt. I did a quick hem and it's make this skirt more wearable, I'm excited because I feel like I have so many options to wear with it now. My favorite blogs to read are those that rewear items in their closet to the point that I feel like I really know what's in their closet and it's something I've been trying to push myself to do better these past 8 months.

2 comments:

  1. This skirt is a true gem, I'm so happy you decided to wear it and make a hem. I have this long maxi skirt that drags on the ground and collects all the garbage, think it's about time to give it the scissor magic trick :D
    Love how you paired it too, I think this would look super hot in Summer when you'll be showing some bare leg material! Oh la la!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! This skirt is just amazing Katie <3
    I can't stop staring at it, and I love the button down front. Definitely adds a pretty appeal and a cool slit. Fabulous way to wear it, and I'm excited to see how you'll continue to wear it! :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)