Friday, April 17, 2015

Balance






 
 Urban Outfitters Hat
Soft Joie Cardigan (consignment)
Isabel Marant for H&M Scarf c/o H&M
American Eagle Outfitters Dress (thrifted)
Free People x Jeffery Campbell Clogs (ebay)
Proenza Schoulder Bag (consignment)

And we're back to spring!  There's still a little bit of snow hanging around but that hasn't stopped everyone from breaking out the sandals. (Free the toes!)   I bought these sandals a while back an have just been waiting for it to get warm enough to break them out.  I noticed last year I didn't really like most of my summer shoes and really only wore the same few pairs over and over so this year I saved up and slowly bought a few new pairs.  I really went back and forth between this pair and buying another pair of Birks in taupe(you can get them on ebay for really reasonable, between $35-60 rather than the $120 most stores want) but in the end I bought these and I'm so happy I did!  They fill the brown sandals/clogs role that I felt would  be the most versatile in my summer wardrobe and they're actually comfortable - there's not much of a difference between the heel height and the platform and the soles are so wide that they're quite stable.
I'm also a weirdo in that I like my shoes and bag to usually be the same-ish shade of brown so having these has made me incorporated my PS tote into more outfits.  Before it felt a little too preppy to fit in with my style at times and because I didn't have any shoes that were a similar shade, I hadn't been using it as much this spring. (I know, such hang-ups over such stupid stuff!)  With the more boho-ish shoes in my wardrobe it seems like the tote hits a nice balance now and isn't quite as over the top as my fringe bags might be. 

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh my goodness Katie, you're killing me with this outfit! I really need to dress up more, specifically in maxi dresses and beautiful sandals <3
    Eeeeee! Haha, I really love this outfit, and I'm now going to stalk/hunt down these shoes :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These shoes, they are worth hunting down. I've been trying not to wear them everyday now that its warmed up but they're the best clogs/sandals I've found so far! I think they sold out a while ago on free people but I've seen them pop up on ebay fairly often(in brown and black!) in size nine - they're usually about $69 which I felt was pretty good for how much they were retailinf for, the comfort and the quality! (yeah, I really can't say enough good things about these and the Birks, they make feet happy.)
      And thanks! Maxis have just been feeling way more comfortable than shorter dresses lately. :)

      Delete
  2. That dress so really pretty, I love the pattern! Also I'm loving your hair, it's at such a cute length!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)