Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Chopping Block







Free People Hat
Coat (thrifted)
LLBean Sweater (thrifted)
JBrand Maria Jeans (ebay)
Cleobella Bag
Rag & Bone "Harrow" Boots (ebay)

This is our chopping block. 

It's very impressive, I know.


Well then, not much else is going on.  I am patching these jeans for what feels like the millionth time, this time they ripped along the outside seam of the pockets.  I know, I'm really selling you guys on these jeans - you should TOTALLY go pay $189 for then. (I did not, I bought them for $30 and even that feels like too much.)  However, I keep patching them because while I hate that they keep ripping, I love the way they fit.  They're so easy to wear, they're short enough for me. they're awesome.  But the material.... it just sucks.  I did a little research and found out that I bough the not so good ones, these are the High Lux Sateen and the material is really prone to ripping along the seams, the regular ones are made of just stretchy denim.  Ah ha!  So I'm going to wait until I find the Impression ones on ebay for a good sale and I'll buy those but until then, I'm going to get my money's worth out of these and just keep patching them up.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a high quality sweater that just will not die, go to LLBean.  This is my work sweater and I have done evil, evil things to it and it's still in perfect condition.  I can't even kill it in the washer and normally I'm a pro at that.  It's a heavy knit but drapes nice, the shoulder seams are the most flattering ones I've ever found on a sweater and it's warm with out being really thick. (Not even scratchy!)  My snow pants hat I've had for over 15 years are also from LLBean and those have surived really hard wear and so far the only thing 've had to fix on them is a bit of Velcro.  Even the zippers are still good!  Now that is quality!

1 comment:

  1. I'm always on the hunt for good jeans, I haven't thought to check on ebay for good prices, so I might just start doing that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)