Saturday, January 17, 2015

Still Running Against The Wind





Free People Hat (gift)
Columbia Leather Jacket (gift)
Gap shit(thifte)
AE Top and High Rise Jeans
Rampage Boots
Silver and Jasper/Pearl Pendant (thrifted)
Cleobella Bag

I've had tis jacket for quite a while now.  It was a gift many years ago from my family, at the time I was working almost 500 miles away from them and I was pretty homesick.  This was in a care package they sent me for my birthday and every time I wear it, it reminds me of how much it meant to me that my family was thinking of me. (My brothers actually helped picked out this jacket!)  I wore it every day that summer and for many years after that, it's still a regular for me during the fall and winter.  It's really thick, tough leather and it's great for the wind and when the temps drop, I just layer it under my down coat.   
I think sometimes it's hard to buy items that will "last forever" because one nothing last literally forever and two, things go out of date.  Even a classic like a trench coat will have little details that dates it, with this jacket the collar and cut dates it to 2003-04 but in spite of that, it's still something I'll keep wearing.  It's special and hey, I haven't manage to break it yet!   However that is something I'm trying to think about with any new purchases, hopefully by buying items that are a little crazy, like this hat and bag, they won't be too dated looking here in a while. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweet gift. And top notch quality! I'd keep it too, sheerly out of sentimental value. I guess that's why I accumulate too many things...I get attached. Haha, but this jacket is an exception. Hold on to it! With awesome accessories like your hat and bag, you'll be able to refreshen it up for years to come :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh, who the hell cares if it goes out of fashion, if you like it wear it! Most of my clothes are sooo out of fashion, I don't give a crap :D
    Love this jacket and the fact that it has a sentimental value makes it even more perfect ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)