Thursday, January 15, 2015

Shades Of Black & Gray






Free People Hat (gift)
Vince Cashmere Cardigan (gift)
Free People Dress (ebay)
Pendleton Bag (consignment)
Carlos Boots

My sister gave me this long cardigan a few years back and at the time, I mostly wore it with jeans.  I hadn't really figured out my style enough to know how to incorporated it and then later on once I knew how I wanted to dress, I couldn't figure out how to style a long, striped cardigan into a boho-western-ish look.  Turns out I'm too serious and need to relax a little - all I had to do was wear it!  I think I just get too serious about stuff, a sense of personal style doesn't really come naturally to me and I feel like I NEED TO FIGURE THIS OUT.  But then I miss the whole point of it which is to just relax and have fun with it.  I think my "fashun resolution" for 2015 if to just chill out and have some fun with it.  Not everything will look great but I feel like I've figured it out enough that it won't be quite the struggle it's been in the past.

5 comments:

  1. I like the idea of having a "fashun" resolution! I agree, overthinking can really put a damper on things ... I find that I like my outfits best when I just put something together without too much thought or contrivance. The dress zigzags are fun when combined with the cardigan stripes, and the colorful jewelry is a great touch. Looks like you are off to a good start with your resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it :) - both the outfit and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great resolution, I tend to way overthink outfits too. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol that's always been my response to people who wonder how to pull off trends or certain items of clothing. You like it? Then just wear it!
    Glad you gave this long cardigan a chance, because it fits seamlessly into your boho-western look :D
    Also, thanks for the advise in your comments! I ended up just going all in and dyed my hair black. Thankfully, it worked out. Haha, my eyebrows are naturally black already, so it matches them better now :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)